Re Peter E. Hauer's message of 12 Jun 2003:

Many thanks for your patient testing & feedback.

> I tried your demo at
> http://www.elgin.free-online.co.uk/fdemo_online.htm and found that
> some of the substitution rules you use are problematic (e.g., in the
> beginning of a new line, "oftad" generates ????? and NOT ????? ;

I can't replicate this, I'm afraid.

> in front of certain punctuation marks, "do" generates ?? and NOT ??);

Could you please specify which punct. marks?  Ah yes, you must mean
things like {}<>/.  We'll look into that.

> what's more, punctuation in LTR (Latin) insert mode does not work
> properly -- it always follows RTL rules!

This is true.  The Latin feature is intended mainly for the occasional word,
title or place name -- but I agree the punctuation should be correct if
possible.

Nigel