> Ok, so what I find strange is that the official specs paper does not
specify the exact filter...

I know!  That really surprised me as well.  The first stage in the spec (*Rec.
ITU-R BS.1770-4 5) *is clearly a shelf filter, and that could be specified
generically for any sampling rate.  Instead they give us a table of filter
coefficients for 48 kHz sampling!  They note: "Implementations at other
sampling rates will require different coefficient values, which should be
chosen to provide the same frequency response that the specified filter
provides at 48 kHz".  Unfortunately that is not possible!  (But it can be
approximated.)   We thus have to GUESS the shelf parameters (or spherical
head size and air parameters, etc., if deriving it that way).  The second
stage is a simple 2nd-order highpass filter, probably a Butterworth (the
zeros were surely mapped from analog infinity), but again we only get a
table of numbers to guess from.  I did note that Butterworth roll-off was a
bit too fast below cutoff, so maybe it's a Bessel filter.  WHY DON'T THEY
JUST TELL US?

Zooming out, given this level of extremely simple yet poorly specified
signal processing, and the crudeness of the loudness model itself (see
Zwicker, Moore, Glasberg, Baer, et al. for way better loudness modeling), I
don't take the details as anywhere near "gospel", and I consider my
guesses/approximations so far to be more than adequate.  However, I can
also see the value of matching other LUFS meters as closely as possible,
and of course there could be some other bug somewhere that's causing the
discrepancies you are seeing.  We should at least determine where the
mismatches are coming from for sure, and if there are no bugs, try to tweak
them out.

Cheers,
- Julius

--
"Anybody who knows all about nothing knows everything" -- Leonard Susskind