I'm starting to work on a LiveCD Development LiveCD designed to create livecd's and (if desired) burn them onto media (cd, usb, etc) ... and ... keep a light footprint.

So far, I'm working with a fork of the XFCE kickstart. I've added livecd-tools, emacs, wget, curl, samba-client --for mounting shares with kickstarts.

If someone has already created such a beast, please scream now ;-)

If not, I'm open to suggestions about packages to include. The obvious ones are a good GUI text editor, an IDE and a CD/DVD burning package. I've got favorites in each category, but none are great choices for this situation (e.g. waaay too bloated).

In the, my bloody to-do-list has too much compost on it, I'm going to ask people to not make suggestions about all the cool things like firefox bookmarks that such a beast needs. My brain has definitely already gone there and I promptly beat it with a beer ;-).

Tim