On 14/10/2010, at 6:27 AM, Erick Tryzelaar wrote:

> Perhaps you could see what mongrel2 (http://mongrel2.org) is doing? I
> think they've already got a pretty robust webserver that using
> asynchronous io without too much code in the way.

Quick scan of docs doesn't really explain how it is done.. it's unlikely this
thing (even with zeroMQ) will be anywhere near as fast as Felix's
mechanism (on a single CPU).

Basically, what Felix does only requires two threads, the event monitor
(demux) and the handling code.

Actually the biggest problem is to get it to work on multiple
cores or across multiple boxes, which zeroMQ does do already.

Neverthless, the webserver is primarily intended as a demo for
testing the asynchronous I/O mechanism including the
waking up of fthreads as well as the demuxers.

Down the track it may be useful for monitoring applications..
so we want it written in such a way we can make it do weird
things :)

Ditto: browsing code eg Felix library .. put in some code
to make nice colours, make hyperlinks, etc ..

--
john skaller
skal...@users.sourceforge.net