Cherie,

I too wonder what is going on with this woman.  I assumed she took the cat in and had it examined?  Surely her vet didn't give her fulvicin based ona phone call?

Fulvicin is a medication that is hard on cat's systems, particularly kittens.... In my experience vets won't prescribe it unless topicals don't do the job because of the problems it can cause.

Ringworm IS very contagious.  I would not bring the kitten home until it's treated, unless you feel the person is not treating it correctly.......

Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Cherie,
I'm confused, maybe I haven't been following this closely enough.  From what you said before, it doesn't sound like ringworm.  If the woman who is fostering your new baby doesn't know what she's got, why is she treating her with something for ringworm?  I've never heard of Fulvicin, so I don't know if that's a full-spectrum type of treatment.  If I were you, I'd find out what the heck is going on with her skin before I brought her home.  If there's even a chance that its something contagious, you don't want to expose the rest of the family to it.  >From what I've read and heard about ringworm, it's nasty, nasty stuff.  It is contagious to people as well as animals and very hard to get rid of.  Not to mention that the treatments are hard on the immune system and would be a nightmare for your positives.  Why hasn't the new baby, (I'm sorry I've forgotten her name), been taken to a vet for diagnosis?  I would strongly advise you do that asap.  When you know what you're dealing with the decisions will be easier to make.
Nina

Cherie A Gabbert wrote:
Fulvicin, treats ringworm, according to the woman she is mixing it in her food...I just am not there and do not want to bring any other problems into my furrfamily....I am so undecided...should I wait another week or go get my new furrbaby and take the chance......

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
What is Fulvicin?

I don't know if it can be anything contagious, but if it is flaky skin and fur I would supplement with essential fatty acids (fish oils). There are a bunch of cat supplements with EFA's in them, specifically for coat problems.

Michelle