Hi all
You may remember I sent out an email last week about a bad vet clinic in Chicago, McKillips. I sent the same email to a PAWS counsellor in Chicago, and she left me a message saying she'd never had  a"good feeling" about that clinic, and went on to say that people who had adopted a PAWS cat in the past recently took the cat to McKillips. The problem was "blockage"--and McKillips recommended, and then carried out, removal of the cat's penis. Has anyone heard of such a "remedy" for "blockage"? It seems extraordinary, to put it mildly. I'd welcome any/all feedback. Thanks, Kerry

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, April 17, 2005 2:15 PM
Subject: Re: fwd of Best Friends.org guest speaker about FELV

Hideyo,
sorry I just got this email now. Did you get the packet from Nina's vet? I don't think my vet used it, but it is the easiest way to go.  Your vet just sends in a letter to the FDA, they send a letter back to the vet, and the vet orders the VO from Abbey Vet and it is shipped to the vet.  At least that is how it happened for me.  I would call the FDA after a few weeks to check on it.  I sent a phone number to the list a few weeks ago. If you can't find it, when I am back home in MA (I am in NJ now with my horse and parents) I can find it on my computer.
Michelle