That's how I'm thinking too.  Even if she 'catches' leukemia, I don't think it would have enough time to cause her any problems worse than what she's facing already at that age.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I understand what you mean! I never get the support for the things I do for cats from anyone I know, family, co-workers, NO ONE!

This poor cat, she must be terrified! I'm so glad you are adopting her! I would NOT give her the vaccine, personally. Studies have shown that it's very unlikely for an adult cat to contract FELV, it is usually only caught by kittens under a year of age (or born with it via their mother) or by immunosuppressed cats such as those already carrying FIV. If the cat is otherwise healthy, I would not worry too much about exposure. As long as she has lived, I don't think FELV will kill her any faster than old age anyways, really. That is really amazingly old! I would be more concerned with the immunizations pulling her system down and making her die of old age than anything else, at this point. I'd keep them as minimalistic as possible (like maybe only rabies since it's the law). Chances are, she has long since developed natural immunity (and 20 years of annual immunizations, too, most likely) against just about everything anyways. You could always pull her titers (to confirm immunity against all the cat diseases), if you have a good veterinary lab nearby. I would pull a bit of blood to check her baselines and to make sure she is not anemic, just to be safe.

Jenn