Lisa, is Akira gone? I somehow missed an email if she actually has passed.  I
am very sorry.  I think you know how sorry I am, and how keenly I know what
you are going through.

I have been syringing Ginger and giving her sub-q fluids. I did not yesterday
because she could not eat pre-surgery and was not supposed to eat much
post-surgery due to the effects of the anesthesia. Back to feeding her today.
She
was having a really hard time with the syringing, so I started just putting
little blobs of food on the back of her tongue with my finger and it is much
less
traumatic for her. i think maybe her teeth and gums get touched less that way.
 I gave her pain meds this morning and she has been a little drugged since,
but before that she made a really long-distance jump that I was surprised she
could make, and gave herself a good long grooming and tried to play with me
(not allowed to let her play for a week due to stitches in her mouth).

Michelle