Great idea about asking AC to send an energy to bring him home – they can send Sam an energy to tell him how to get home, sending a picture of how to get home (though,  I think the problem might be that he does not think his foster family is not his home as he probably thinks of his former mother as a home, and I think that’s why he has not gotten home yet.

I think once he is spotted, if he is a skittish kitty ( which I get a feeling of), you might have to try to set a trap from him AFER establishing a feeding pattern every day for a while –

If someone calls you with any information, try to get all the detail as much as possible, time of the day (very important as cats do like to follow “a pattern” and you can then stake out to spot him, exact location, and if he runs away, find out exactly which location he came from and which direction he went, what was he doing when they saw him exactly?  How did he seem?  Etc…

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of tamara stickler
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 1:52 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: Sam is lost - AC

Oh, also...I caught this strand late...so I don't know all that you've tried, but...if you find that someone "thinks" they see Sam, and its close by...or at least near a neighbor who would be willing to keep an eye out for you.....leave a dirty sock nearby (there are more scent glands on your feet than other parts of your body I'm told)...consitantly day after day.  If Sam is around and frightened, the continuous smell of you might help to draw him near one place over and over again.  Leave food near the sock as well.  Be consitant WHEN you renew the used sock and food....esp. if you can time it around the time you would normally be coming home from work...or when Sam would normally be fed.  (Only problem...the food could draw others who might scare Sam off, so whether or not you leave the food is your call.)

Again, if someone "spots" him close by, try walking to that area with your shoes on, taking them off there and straight walking home.  Cats DO follow scent, and if Sam is lost and scared...your scent (or whoever he is closest to in the family) might just draw him home.  Just becareful to stay away from roads and the ends of driveways as much as possible...try to pick a safe route home for him...then leave an outside light on and a screened window "open" so you can hear him if he comes calling.

Lastly, tell the AC to try to send a visual to Sam what you are doing to help him find his way home.

Animals communicate, it is believed, not through words but more like an autistic child would.  Thoughts are pictures, not verbalizations.  Try contacting Sam yourself, as he knows you and may be able "pick up" on you more so than the AC...may trust what he's receiving more.  Sit or lay in a safe place...pref. one that you too spend quality time together in....(turn off all verbal imputs....the tv, radio, phone...if music helps you relax...please only instrumental...songs that you will not automatically put words to...silence is best...if possible.)  RELAX  Picture Sam with you there in the room-maybe laying on you kneeding and purring if he is prone to do that...concentrate on his purring....try to identify that feeling in your heart that you only get when with Sam......once you can identify that...it may help if you assign a color to the feeling....try to remember him nervous  (vets office maybe...) assign a color to that Sam, overlap the two instances...and visualize Sam enveloped in those auras...now allow the orig. color of a safe, purring Sam and allow that org. color to sooth the nervous colors around him.  Call to him with your mind, as you would if you were calling to him in the house for something he enjoyed.  Picture him running up to you inside the house.  Picture picking him up and hugging him....or however you expressed your love for him.  Now.. picture walking with him, or carrying him outside of the house.  Show him what the outside of the house looks like....esp. details near his eye level.  Slowly picture walking around the house and then the yard in growing circles.  Once you reach the end of the property, go with him back into the house...to your safe spot again....together.  Do this again, widening the imagined circle each time, always returning with detailed visuals to the house and back inside of it.  Each time you return...picture Sam safe, with you, wrapped in that original loving Sam color.  By visualizing the neighborhood you are showing him how to get home from various areas.  (If he is an indoor cat...he may not KNOW what the outside of the house looks like!)  Picture yourself out looking for him, again...picture yourself hugging him....or however you spend quality time...picture him coming home to you...then relax....slow your breathing...and try to clear your head of all thoughts...trust what comes into your mind...and follow each....shadow... with a pictured thought of your love for Sam....then relax and clear your mind again.

Picture other people in the neighborhood who are looking for him.  Picture him being found by each in turn...always ..picture them bringing him to you!  If you use the bare foot trail I suggested above, you should "show" him that too.

It seems like a lot, but do this over and over again.  When you clear your mind...if you think you are starting to get an image that you are not controlling, slowly wrap this image in the color you have chosen to surround Sam when he is relaxed....if any of the nervous colors sneak in...try to sooth them out gently...but don't try to manipulate any shadows you are seeing...don't try to turn them into what you want them to be...just let it happen.

You may not "see" anything yourself...but don't assume that its not working.   It has been proven that animals retain an esp that humans surpress.  They have trained cameras on dogs and cats that have shown them waking up at the exact time their owners have "decided" to head home.  Some dogs and cats can be trained to alert people to when a seizure is coming....Its the animals that have the skill more so than the people...or even the animal communicators.  They can and do often receive, even when we can allow ourselves to.  Trust them.

I know it sounds like a lot...and it might not even work for everyone...the point is to try to relax enough to "send healing vibes", "mediate", "transend your own 'reality'" all that hippie new-aged stuff.  Whether you believe or not, many people SWEAR by it.  Let's face it...it can't hurt.

It never hurts to say a prayer before starting...or lighting a candle for focus...

Anyway....good luck.  I'm keeping you both in my prayers.

<just another looney signing off.>

"Gloria B. Lane" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

No - not yet - sometimes hopeful, sometimes sad. Sigh. We've gotten great
advice. Posting and passing out a flyer, and made a "business card" with
his picture on it. Offering a reward, but not saying on the poster how much.

Diane says she feels he's near water, and hiding. We've been
looking. We've been out just about everyday, and get great help from the
kids in the neighborhood.

Got it narrowed down to a few houses nearby, where they've seen a Siamese
cat, just haven't seen Sam.

Gloria