Thanks! Yup, I gotta have more than one or even two vets - those second opinions are priceless.

Gloria

At 01:56 PM 7/18/2005, you wrote:
Hooray for you and Lancelot! What the heck is Ovaban? And ozone in his ears?? The second vet sounds like a keeper! Thanks for posting about Lance, prayers coming your way that he continues to improve. Way to go girl!
Nina

Gloria Lane wrote:

I'd written about my problems with Lancelot - my little mostly white
kitty -  he had the slight sniffles, red swollen face and eyes, face
and neck starting to itch.  Weird. His nose was stopped up, he looked
miserable. He was starting to scratch bloody places on his neck.

Took him to my "usual" vet, who tried Amoxi, Zeniquin, blood test,
fungal test.  No help. He had a couple of Cortisone shots, the 1st
seemed to make it better then worse. She suggested food or other
allergies as a possibilities.

Last Friday, I took him to another vet I go to, about an hour away in
Hot Springs.  I've gone to her before for several years.  She gave
him ozone in his ears (ear insufflation), did a skin biopsy, then
gave me Ovaban (if I spelled it right) and I'm giving him that for a
week (then reduce to once a week).

Guess what!  He's better.  I'll still be curious to see what the skin
biopsy says, but I'm delighted.

Gloria