What is a liver shake? Shall I puree raw liver and syringe feed it to her?
What is hemobartenella? The vet mentioned nothing of the sort. Is
doxocylcline the same as amoxicillian...? Lisa

-----Original Message-----
From: Belinda Sauro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, August 29, 2005 2:02 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: CLS - Twiggy--Lisa

   Is he getting supplemented with pet tinnic or has your vet suggested
a transfusion, the liver shake is also good for this.  I hope to God
your vet did tests to see if the anemia is regenerative or
non-regenerative, if not get a new vet ASAP and have tests done for
hemobartenella, infact I would get Cloud on doxocylcline just to be safe
it won't hurt him and couls well save his life if it is hemo.

And most important if Cloud is not eating YOU MUST syringe feed, any
sick cat that doesn't get enough food will not have the strength to
fight off anything and WILL have firther complications from not getting
enough nutrition which will eventually kill it no matter how much
medication you are giving it.  Nothing but food will cure Fatty Liver
Disease, something inappetent cats get all too frequently while the vets
hem and haw about other things going on and the owners have no idea how
dangerous not eating can be for cats!!

--
 Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com  (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com