-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tracy Weese
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 10:04 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: RE: vaccinating FELV cats for FELV

My only experience with a FeLV+ cats getting the vaccine was scary.  One
of
my adult cats (prob. 5-8 years old -- rescue cat so we were unsure of
age)
was at the Vet's and without thinking, they gave him the FeLV vaccine.
Shortly thereafter, he started a downward spiral and it only got worse,
eventually (w/i 7 mos) I PTS.  Now, it could be a coincidence, but it
made
me uneasy.  I have heard what you are saying, but until there is more
info,
I doubt I would intentionally do that.  Maybe others have had a more
positive experience.

Tracy Weese
[EMAIL PROTECTED]