From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 10:47 PM
To: Felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Rose pts

Thanks to all of you who have shared your experiences with your leukemia
cats.
This summer, we adopted our Rose from a Humane Society board member who
had her
at his house in a cage with his other rescued cats.  Rose couldn't go to
PetSmart cuz she was "unadoptable" due to chronic boogers, yet she was
super
friendly and my kids, my dog, and I just loved her to bits.

After she didn't get better on meds, I took her to the vet for THE test,
and
sure enough it was positive.  Then, I joined this list to learn from you
all.
Rose had a great, but brief, relatively healthy life for the rest of her
time,
but then she went down hill quickly.

Thanks to your posts, and the vet's food and advice, I syringe-fed her
AD and
H2O for a few days after the vet rehydrated her subQ.  Rose seemed happy
again
for a little while, but her overly-dilated eye never went back to
normal, so
the vet thought that the leukemia had affected her neurologically.

He was probably right, cuz by Friday, she was suffering, so I took Rose
to be
put to sleep.  They couldn't find a vain on her, so they gave her an
injection
interthoracically.  She lingered for a few moments in my arms as my dog
and I
snuggled with her until she passed.

Thanks again for all your posts. I didn't post much myself, but I was
comforted
by this group every day.

Now, if you will, please unsubscribe me until I can rejoin later to
offer hope
and encouragement to others after I'm done mourning.

Best,

Denise in Utah

<hr>

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayer should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor

<hr>