Denise,
I don't know if you've already left the group, and I know from personal experience how hard it is to continue to read posts when your own loss is so new and painful. I can tell from your post about Rose that she was loved by your entire family, she must have been such a special girl! Having lost sweet angels of my own, I can imagine how much you and your family are hurting right now. It takes a very loving and compassionate soul to rescue someone that you know has been ill, thank you so much for caring enough about Rose to get her out of that cage and into your hearts. I hope that the memories you have of her and the ways she touched your life bring you comfort in your grief. I believe she's once again happy and healthy, watching over you and still very much a part of your lives.
Take care, and don't allow the pain to make you fearful of loving again,
Nina

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Thanks to all of you who have shared your experiences with your leukemia cats. This summer, we adopted our Rose from a Humane Society board member who had her
at his house in a cage with his other rescued cats.  Rose couldn't go to
PetSmart cuz she was "unadoptable" due to chronic boogers, yet she was super
friendly and my kids, my dog, and I just loved her to bits.

After she didn't get better on meds, I took her to the vet for THE test, and
sure enough it was positive. Then, I joined this list to learn from you all. Rose had a great, but brief, relatively healthy life for the rest of her time,
but then she went down hill quickly.

Thanks to your posts, and the vet's food and advice, I syringe-fed her AD and
H2O for a few days after the vet rehydrated her subQ.  Rose seemed happy again
for a little while, but her overly-dilated eye never went back to normal, so
the vet thought that the leukemia had affected her neurologically.

He was probably right, cuz by Friday, she was suffering, so I took Rose to be
put to sleep.  They couldn't find a vain on her, so they gave her an injection
interthoracically.  She lingered for a few moments in my arms as my dog and I
snuggled with her until she passed.

Thanks again for all your posts. I didn't post much myself, but I was comforted
by this group every day.

Now, if you will, please unsubscribe me until I can rejoin later to offer hope
and encouragement to others after I'm done mourning.

Best,

Denise in Utah