I am, unfortunately, very familiar with the feeling of only sleeping an hour or so due to checking constantly on a cat with cancer. I am sorry. It is horrible.

Yes, I would think it would respond to the steroids too, but the steroids kept Buddy going for about 3 months and generally feeling good sometimes, but even when feeling good his nose remained stuffy.  It could just be that the nasal passage is so narrow that even a small amount of tumor, after it has shrunk, is still somewhat of an obstruction, whereas other places in the body if it gets small enough it does not really interfere with function. Don't know, just speculating.  You could ask to try the stronger steroids and see if they help. One word of caution though on the stronger steroids-- when Buddy had been on them for a few months his skin got kind of thin and cut easily and he got a big wound on his back where we were giving him shots and fluids. it was awful. I do not know if this was from the steroids themselves, as this did not happen to my others, but someone else told me once that after a few years on a milder steroid the same happened to her cat, so I thought it might have been from that.  It is a longer-term problem, though, and obviously not as much a problem as the cancer.

I would do the humidifier anyway. But in terms of bothering him with meds and nasal spray, if they don't work within a few days I think I would stop using them as it probably stresses him out somewhat.

Michelle