Wendy,

I am so sorry to hear about Stretch.  Most of the time I have heard people discuss these kinds of symptoms it has not been good news.  You do what you can, and that's all you can do.  It is hard to accept, but most of us have been where you are.  Sometimes you spend thousands and are able to buy some more time, sometimes you spend thousands and can't.  And the problem is you can never 'know' for sure if treatments are going to help or not.  Especially if you're talking about lymphoma.

I have been in situations that I truly felt I was putting my cat through too much to try to save him when it was beyond hope, and had them turn around.  One of my cats my vet insisted was at death's door lived for many years after his illness.  Others who had a good prognosis I have lost.  You just never know.  You just have to do the best you can, and it's very hard not knowing what to do and it's hard to feel like money is governing your decisions.  But money is a part of it.  There's no way around that.

 I am so sorry you are going through all of this.  I will keep you, your nephew and Stretch in my thoughts and prayers.

tonya

wendy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Michelle,

Thank you for the info. I am going to give another
day or two to see how things go before taking Stretch
back to the doc. Frankly, we are tapped out on money.
We are not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination,
and after spending hundreds of dollars trying to save
Cricket, and with Christmas just passed, we are a bit
broke. I had to put the $85 visit to the vet
yesterday on a credit card that didn't have $85
dollars on it. I will do all I can for Stretch, but
if it's cancer, I am not going to draw it out. We
just can't afford the treatments. I feel so
frustrated right now. I don't want Stretch to go
through this. I don't want my nephew to go through
losing his cat; he's been through so much as it is.
And my attitude isn't it's normal hopeful self after
losing Cricket. I feel it's too soon after Cricket; I
don't think I can go through this again. I am praying
for a miracle right now. If Stretch can just pull
through this, and give us a little time, we will be
better able to afford treatments in six months. I
hope that some of you understand being in this place.
How do you guys afford expensive treatments when you
just don't have the money?

Thanks,
Wendy

Just $16.99/mo. or less.