Hi.  X-rays can often show tumors, though not always.  Ultrasound can when x-rays can't, but is way more expensive.  The dex/depo shot is given as needed.  Depending on how early in the cancer you start, they can sometimes go a month in-between shots at first. It gets less and and less time in-between shots as they progress, and in the end is every few days, at least with the dex.  Dex is out of the system within 24 hours, so she probably does not have any dex in her now, but may still be benefitting if she has a tumor and it shrank the tumor some.

Prayers,
Michelle