Belinda,

I am so hoping that Bailey gets his medicine soon and starts to rebound.

Joan

Belinda Sauro <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Kerry,
Yes I did join the anemia group and am going to get the folic acid
you mentioned. Bailey gets alot of the things you mentioned already.
My vet also feels Bailey's anemia is non regenerative and if Fred Meyers
ever gets my procrit or epogen (procrit is on back order) I will get him
started, he is also suppose to get it 3x a week, and then we will do a
count recheck.

My biggest problem now is weight loss, he is losing weight and even
though it is extremely stressful for him I am going to step up the
syringe feeding. He is down to 8lbs 4oz, yesterday he was 8lbs 8oz. It
isn't going to do either of us any good if he gets HL on top of this. I
just pray the stress doesn't put him over the edge. He is extremely
sensitive.

If my epo or procrit doesn't come in today there is going to be news of
a crazy lady in the Fred Meyers in Washington state, I'm really on the
verge of losing it. It seems like everything I am trying is getting
blocked or messed up and I am barely holding it together. I lost my
baby Frankie to anemia back in 1995 (my then vet didn't know hardly
anthing about FeLV and how to treat anything). He was at 6 (his
count), still eating and looking good, he still weighted about 17lbs.,
the only reason I took him in was because he had changed his nightly
routine and his breathing seemed labored that day. I just had a gut
feeling something was wrong. My vet was amazed he was still alive. She
wanted me to euthanize him right then and I told her no way. He did
pass that night at home.

So this is really scaring me ...

--
Belinda
Happiness is being owned by cats ...

Be-Mi-Kitties ...
http://www.bemikitties.com

http://adopt.bemikitties.com

FeLV Candle Light Service
http://www.bemikitties.com/cls

HostDesign4U.com (affordable hosting & web design)
http://HostDesign4U.com

BMK Designs (non-profit web sites)
http://bmk.bemikitties.com