Jen,

  SO glad to hear Ewok is still doing well!!  Simon responded very well to the CCNU also. After that he got Adriamycin, which he did not respond well to, and I wished I had asked the oncologist to give him more CCNU instead. I think the oncologist was afraid that without switching the drugs each time he would become resistant.  But I think they take longer to become resistant to CCNU.

   As for the steroids, is he still getting pred pills?  The Depo shot is instead of the pred pills, or should be I think. The oncologist should know when the right time is to give another Depo shot if Ewok keeps looking good and does not seem to need it badly.

    Patches is feeling better from antibiotics and prednisone and is scheduled to have her two canines and possibly (but hopefully not) other teeth pulled next Wednesday morning. So please say a prayer or thought or whatever strikes you best for her!  Lucy is tapering off the pred herself and seems to be doing ok-- fairly solid stool, though still not entirely normal.

    As for feeding raw meat, I am actually about to start feeding mine, or at least Lucy and maybe Patches, a raw diet. It is recommended for cats with chronic loose stools, on the feline IBD list serve. I ordered a supplement mix to put in with ground raw meat and organs. Being a vegan this is all very difficult for me (I had a nightmare last night that I had to have Lucy killed to be fed to an animal who needed to eat her to be healthy, which I think is my guild and discomfort at buying a dead turkey to help Lucy).  But I think raw is ok, and maybe better, for them. The liver shake uses raw liver in it, and most people on this list feed that to cats when they are sick.  All that said, I am totally nervous about starting the raw diet because I have read in some places that it is not good for immune-compromised cats. But I figure neither is inflamed intestines or struvite crystals, which raw is supposed to fix in many cats.

Thanks for the update, and may he keep going strong!

Michelle