Hi Karen,
    So sorry you are going through this kind of crap with the humane society. Just make me sick to my stomach.
It sounds to me if they can make profit off the kittens or cats that's hunky dory. But when need something done like medical treatment they tend to give the cold shoulder and discard animals.
They need to remember of how they became about in the animal world.
Do you have any statements from the Vets and bank for the treatments that you have paid for any of the animals?
If so, remind them of it that you can pursue it further with an attorney.
You need to ramble on this don't apologize for venting. Years ago, I went through the same thing told them where to get off and got my money back.
Today they are no longer in business....YAHOO!!!

Okay, I'm off my soapbox...  :)