Thanks Nina,
I've got a vet appt for Chelsea on Saturday. I'll have them check for Hemobartinella. She didn't have pale gums two weeks ago when she saw a vet for her fever/lethargy. She still has a bounce in her step so I hope that whatever may be causing this, we'll have time to treat it. Deanne

From: Nina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: ImmunoRegulin for Chelsea?
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 15:45:38 -0700

Deanne,
Do you know what the cause of the anemia is? Did they do any other tests to try to determine why she's anemic, or did they just prescribe the Clavamox to see if it helped? When my Grace developed anemic symptoms, she was put on Clavamox, (or maybe it was Amoxi), at first too. It helped a little, for a little while, but she kept getting weaker. I found a specialty clinic and an Internist that ran several other tests, including one for blood parasites, (Hemobartinella). Even though the test was neg, we put Grace on Doxycycline, (a broader spectrum abx that would help if it was Hemobart). It did help her recover, I guess we'll never really know why. I haven't tried IR, but I've heard really good things from others on the list about it. It sometimes gets to the point where trying something "unconventional" is worth the risk, when doing nothing is not an option. Prayers that Chelsea turns around quickly.
Nina

ACALA PET ISSUES wrote:

Hi, Any advise would be appreciated greatly. One of my 11 month old felv+ cats - Chelsea - who has been on a course of clavamox until a couple of days ago for a slight fever and lethargy has just developed very pale gums. They weren't pale 2 weeks ago when she last saw the vet. I know that pale gums are indicative of anemia. I'm trying to convince a vet to try Immunoregulin. Has anyone had much success with this therapy? Chelsea already gets interferon orally.
 Thanks,  Deanne