Hi Virginia,

I am sorry to hear that your cat has tested FeLV+, but
glad you found us.  This is a great group, and you
won't be sorry you sought us out for information.  I
don't have any FeLV+ kitties anymore after I lost my
beloved Cricket in November, but I stay around to
offer help to those who need it, just as I was offered
great information and support when I really needed it.

As far as the other kitties go in your house, we have
mixed views here.  Some mix their positives and
negatives, and some don't.  The ones who do believe
their kitties have already been exposed to the FeLV
and were not susceptible to it if they don't test
negative.  Some also believe that separating those who
are close will do worse damage as stress tends to kick
this virus into gear if it's in "remission".  After I
found out that Cricket had FeLV, I did not separate
him from my others, as they'd already lived together
for two years.  He lived another two years before
passing, and my others have never developed the virus.
 I would not, however, foster anymore cats in your
home in the future, especially kittens, as they are
very susceptible to contracting the virus with their
yet-to-be-strengthened immune systems.  You should
probably test those in your home to see what you're
dealing with, and then retest after a period of time
(someone else here will have a better idea of how long
before retesting).  You can vaccinate if they are
FeLV-, which is probably a good idea, but the
vaccination does not always have a very high success
rate.  The two most important things for a FeLV+ kitty
is to keep them stress free and keep their immune
system boosted with a good diet (corn/grain free) and
supplements (like L-lysine).  I have a manual I can
forward you with a lot of great information.  It was
composed of posts from all the very knowledgeable
people here.  Just let me know if you need it.  I have
to forward it directly to your email versus to the
group email because the site doesn't allow
attachments.

Hope this helps,
:)
Wendy