I have never had the mom of this litter.  I have two other litters,
both are isolated in different bathrooms.  I have the mom of both
those litters, both moms are neg/neg.  These kittens have been kept in
my bedroom.  Their estimated DOB is 2/21/06.  Yes, she was tested with
ELISA in house.  My foster group reimburses my vet costs when the
kitten is adopted out.
If the litter of kittens has been kept in the bedroom, (I assume you mean sequestered, w/o your other cats having contact with them), then your other cats probably haven't had the kind of exposure it would take to contract felv from them.  The disease isn't airborne, you can't carry it to others on your clothing, or hands.  "When it dries, it dies".  It really isn't an easily transmittable disease.  I'm betting your other kitties are fine.
All my house cats were tested neg/neg before this litter came in.
This is the first time I have ever allowed an untested cat into my
house.  I actually have another litter that came to me from the
shelter at 4 weeks that is too  young to test.  Never again, it is
just too scary.
You're right, the whole thing is scary, but you've been cautious and by keeping the litters and your house cats separated, even without having them vaccinated, I think you've done what is necessary to protect them.  Please don't start looking at those little tinnies as potential death merchants!  I really do understand your fears, but these guys need you so much.  I'm glad you were there for them and that they've found safe sanctuary with you.
I already called my vet and asked about Interfuron (sp?).  He says he
will get me some if I want, but then I have read that some advise not
to give it to asymptomatic cats and to wait until it is needed.  If
any of my personal cats (ranging in age from 8 mo to 11 years) get it
I am just going to die.

You're talking about Interferon A.  It's an immune booster given to human cancer patients.  It looks and tastes just like water and is given to the kitties orally n different protocols, usually with a daily dose of 1cc.  There are varying opinions about it's effectiveness, but anecdotically, I've always heard that it does help them feel better, if not resolve symptoms.  Probably the reason your vet has suggested it not be given to asymptomatic cats is because there is the possibility of developing immunity to it's benefits after prolonged use.  If you "save" it for when the cats are symptomatic, there is a better chance of it being effective.  That is also the reason it is sometimes suggested to give it using a pulse method, (usually 7 days on 7 days off).  After it's reconstituted, it lasts for a year in the fridge, so it's not a bad idea to get it to have on hand.  There is also Feline Interferon Omega, derived from feline DNA.  It is injectable subq and hasn't been approved by the US FDA.  It is expensive and difficult to get.  You have to get a special dispensation from the FDA and order it from a country that has approved it, (don't get me started on that insanity).
Estimated DOB is 2/21/06.  Everyone had URI, but all are clear of URI
now.  All were spayed/neutered/vaccinated for rabies and FVCRP
yesterday.
As you know, it isn't unusual for rescue kitties to show up with problems.  I'm glad they are all feeling better now.  It bodes well for their little immune systems that they were able to recuperate.  I think at 3+ months they are indeed old enough to test, the problem is that the tests, even when given under the right circumstances, are not always accurate, (the possibility of a false pos being more likely than a false neg).
Nina