I haven't followed this closely but I have a question: Is it possible to give the cat some sort of mild sedative before taking it to the vet's to avoid the stress reaction? I try to give mine Rescue Remedy just because she absolutely hates vets. I don't know what happened to her before she came to live with me but she is the only critter (dog or cat) that starts trembling at the thought of going to the vet. Her current vets have given her no reason to be so frightened. Like I said, just a thought.

If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow man. St. Francis ----- Original Message ----- From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 11, 2006 3:37 PM
Subject: Re: Test results and an OT question

Cats can develop heart murmurs JUST from the stress of being at the vet's office (one they don't actually have normally). Try to find a vet that can come to your home and
examine her without the stress of a car ride and the vet's office.

You might get some good support from the Handicats2 yahoogroup... they have all kinds
of disabilities there.

Phaewryn

PLEASE Adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!!
http://ucat.us/adopt.html

DONATE: We could really use a power saw (for construction), a digital camera (for
pictures) and HOMES for CATS!