I think this topic may have been covered recently...but was there any
consensus on a good decongestant for cats?  Long story short, we think
the herpes virus is wreaking havoc on poor Chatty (FIV+)...he was given
a steriod to help reduce the inflammation in his gums due to stomatitis,
and that was probably how the virus was able to get a good foot-hold!
Anyway, I'm running out of ideas to give him some relief as antibiotics
(zithromax), interferon and lysine (up to 1000 mg/day) aren't cutting
it!  I've started calling him "Darth" and can't help but chuckle when he
"meows" as it sounds more like he's saying "be-ow."  ;)  He's fine
otherwise, although he's having a hard time smelling his food, so I've
had to resort to tuna and anything that gives off a strong odor.  I've
just put a humidifier in the room to see if that helps, but I'm quickly
running out of ideas!  Any suggestions?  I've never seen a cat this
congested!

Thanks, all!

Jen

"But if you tame me, then we shall need each other. To me, you will be
unique in all the world. To you, I shall be unique in all the world; You
become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed..." --Antoine de
Saint-Exupéry

"If you talk to the animals they will talk with you and you will know
each other.  If you do not talk to them you will not know them, and what
you do not know you will fear. What one fears one destroys." --Chief Dan
George

"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long..." --Blade Runner