I had a kitty named "City Kitty" that had the same type lymphoma...I put her on the chemo, and she lived another 9 months..She responded very good until the blood counts started gettting low, we had to stop the chemo, but she had 5 motnhs of adriamycin IV monthly and was on 20 mg of pred the rest of her life...She had no ill side effects  from the chemo..and gained back over 2 lbs...She did have a feeding tube for the rest of her life too...it was about 3" long coming directly out of her side...she would even clean it...it was a great way to get her food in her at the beginning and medicate her...then when she started eating on her own...I would just put her meds in it...They also told me that if she did pull it out that it would be ok and the hole would seal on its own..She did respond in the first month though...So I guess we each have to decide what is best for our kitties...She was 12 yrs old and Felv -.
Anyway, just wanted to share this with you..
You 2 are in our thoughts and prayers,
Kerry and BAndy

Do you Yahoo!?