Kerry,
I'm not sure if this will work because Kitty probably isn't as playful as my younger kitties, but it's worth a try. When I was introducing my two kitties I made a toy out of two catnip scented mice tied together with a ribbon. I put the ribbon under a shut door with one cat in each room and one toy on each side. Every time one kitty would grab a mouse it would make the other mouse move. It really helped my cats get used to eachother, without the intimidation of being face to face. If your friend has a toy that she knows kitty really likes, it might be enough to entice her to play and it sounds like Danny is desperate for some feline comanionship.
Kiley

From: "Kerry MacKenzie" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <felvtalk@felineleukemia.org>
Subject: Re: o/t advice needed
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 23:33:04 -0500

Thanks Nina!--that's what i wanted to hear before I give B my 2 cents worth
(re the boxes). Yes, she has always been very dedicated to Kitty, so i
really hope she perseveres with Danny. It was her mention of "giving it a
month" that sent shivers down my spine when i got back.  And lost me no time
in directing the prob to the wonderful list. I hope now that she feels she's
getting all this wonderful info and support she'll keep ploughing on. Kerry