-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of wendy
Sent: Monday, July 31, 2006 12:02 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: OT: Need advice on herniated disk

Hi guys,

As always, I trust your opinion.  My husband has been
having horrible back problems after laying this tile
in our house, and he had an MRI last Thursday.  The
MRI showed herniated disks in L4 and L5.  We are
visiting a chiropractor right now, as his new health
insurance does not kick in for another six weeks, and
we need SOMETHING done, as his pain level is quite
bad.  He is not having pain in his back, but sciatic
pain, shooting down from his butt and down his leg to
the fold of his knee, all on his left side.  Have any
of you had any experience, direct or indirect, with
herniated disks?  Any advice?  I am not sold on the
chiropractor, and would like a doctor's opinion, but
we have to wait six more weeks.  The chiropractor is
trying to push spinal decompression, but it's not
covered by insurance and is several thousand dollars.
Also, any advice on pain management for this type of
injury?

Thanks,
Wendy