I'm worried about Patches.  The little bugger just won't eat enough.  He's been sickly since we got him, with runny eyes every day, but it's been worse in the past week or so.  We took him to the vet Saturday, and he had a fever, so the vet put him on antibiotics (I don't even remember which one, it's kind of a gray pill that we give 1/2 per day) and gave us eyedrops and set us up to syringe-feed him and give fluids as needed.  We think the fever is down, he's somewhat more active than he was a few days ago, and his eyes are looking better, though still runny.  I haven't seen him sneezing, though sometimes it looks like he's got the same dried gunk in his nose as in his eyes.  We've been syringe-feeding him, which he of course hates, but we can only get about half a can down him which isn't enough, and he's probably down a good pound by now.  My housemate is on 3rd shift, I work days, so the only time we can syringe him is at night.  We tried KFC, warmed, and he showed an interest the first time, but not so much the two subsequent times.  Tonight we try baby food.  When our Luc got pancreatitis followed by fatty liver and stopped eating, we had to have an esophageal tube put in, it was so stressful on us all to syringe him, but that ended up costing us $1200 ($600 of it for the overnight stay at the vet because he doesn't tolerate anesthesia very well) which was most of my savings and some of Gail's.  Luc is our special guy and it saved his life and it was worth it, but we simply can't afford that again.

Patches has been very good under very bad circumstances.  Even when he's fighting to get away from the syringe, he doesn't use his claws or try to bite.  Multiple times during the feedings he'll look like he's going to barf, but he has kept it all down.  He's a sweet boy and we want him to get through this.  Any suggestions on how to get some good calories into him?  I'm off work tomorrow and we can probably manage 3 syringe sessions for the next couple days, but I'm not sure that will be enough.  He goes back to the vet Saturday.  (Gail has just informed me that she tried thin-sliced luncheon meat on him this morning, and he ate a whole slice.  She offered him a second slice, but he yacked on it (just a little bit though) and walked away.  Oh, and last night he ate *one* of the treats he used to climb up our noses to get.)

Diane R.
This electronic mail transmission and any attachments are confidential and may be privileged.
They should be read or retained only by the intended recipient.  If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the transmission from
your system.  In addition, in order to comply with Treasury Circular 230, we are required to
inform you that unless we have specifically stated to the contrary in writing, any advice we
provide in this email or any attachment concerning federal tax issues or submissions is not
intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, to avoid federal tax penalties.