Hi MJ,

Slinky will be just fine, and will welcome you back with hugs and kitty
kisses!!  Talk to him now, as if he understands words, and tell him what
is going on, and when you'll be back, and that you'll bring him back a
kitty present, etc.  By talking to him out loud you will be able to relax
more about your trip, and he WILL understand that you are not going to
abandon him.  The more you relax, the less worried he will be. It sounds
like you have everything covered.  Just leave your number (and your vet's
number) with your co-worker, and maybe call your vet to let them know who
will be watching Slinky for you, so that they have that info on file.  I'm
sending you <<<stay strong & focused>>> hugs. Have a safe trip.

Kat (Mew Jersey)