It sounds like Inky is glad to be home.  What good news!  I hope he keeps eating and feeling better.
tonya

Kerry Roach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi guys,
Thanks again for the help..I got Inky home around 6pm, and the first thing I did was get him some food.  I had all his stuff set up in the living room so my dog wouldn't bother him or his food..I put some k/d in a bowl and he went for it..I guess he has been eating some thru out the night only a little at a time..I fixed him some chicken broth and extra lean raw turkey ( like he has been eating for several months) around 10:30 and he drank the juice, but since has eaten some of the turkey..Guess we are going to do this one day at a time..and slowly not to upset his stomach too much.. I think he has probably eaten around lil more than 1/2 can of k/d.  I am so happy for this as I didn't want to stress him by force feeding...I think he is so glad to be home that it made all the difference in the world..He can curl up without that IV in his way.
I found him once on the back of the couch then he even came and jumped in my lap once...That was a good sign..I just hope he can keep the food down when I pill him on Thurs..that scares me, but has to be done..
I looked at his blood work again, and I think he has something going on with his pancrease cause all the liver tests were not bad..just the amylase and from what I have read, it seems to be the tests that goes along with that...His vet said he needs to stay on the k/d cause of the kidney problem so we can try to keep those values down...So I guess since he needs lower protein for both the kidneys and liver it will be ok for him..I just hope it doesn't flare up his IBD again.
Please keep him in your prayers,
Kerry, Bandy and Inky

Do you Yahoo!?