Hello,
So other than ear mites and coccidia (a worm) in Beatrix, she has been deemed healthy.  These are easily treatable and as she has a week left of quarantine, will hopefully be handled by the time of introduction.  Satch goes in for his chest X-ray tonight, I'll let you know the results of that.

My vet did her IR/Interferon research and turned up literature that judged the IR to be ineffectual in control studies.  She did online research as well and talked to internists, and again, IR was judged to not be worthwhile.  The interferon mostly turned up similar results, but also some that were inconclusive, so we have agreed to at least go with the interferon.  I have read such strong anecdotal evidence here that I didn't want to abandon the ImmunoRegulin avenue without first asking if any of you knew of other studies conducted that put IR ahead?  Those of you whose vets have prescribed it - did you have to convince them?  Had they heard of it?  Without knowing which studies Darcy reviewed, I wonder if the populations tested were all immune suppressed, or general population.  Could this make a difference?  And then, finally, what is your response as observers of the difference IR has made to your cats to control studies disagreeing with those findings?

I know that these questions may be unanswerable, Darcy is open to trying things, but it would be nice to not feel like I'm on a snipe hunt.  I printed out and gave her the articles in this websites resource area already.

Thank you!
Leslie