I got an emergency vet to give it to Ginger without any argument, but I brought a vial of it with me.  My sense is that it really works well for URI's, but may not help as much with anemia as the anecdotal evidence in the article on our web page suggests. Personally for non-lymphoma anemia, I would try Acemannan first, at this point, based on what others on the list have found in terms of it helping. But for URI's I remain convinced that I-R is very effective, from my own experience with using it for two cats and with the reports of others on the list.
Michelle