I had to convince my vet to use IR with my sick kitty
who was very anemic.  He ended up getting two
injections, IV, before he passed.  I think he was too
sick for the IR to help.  My vet didn't know anything
about it.  So I can't say for sure either way, but it
did not help my Cricket, but then again, it might have
been too late, as he was given the IR just a week or
so before he died.  I think a lot of people definitely
feel that Interferon has helped their cats though.

:)
Wendy