You can get pepcid injectable version so that you won't have to give him
orally.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nina
Sent: Monday, October 09, 2006 11:33 AM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: Another vet visit for Spencer?

I have given him a couple of doses of Reglan.  I could try using it more

and see if it makes any difference in his symptoms.  I haven't given him

Pepcid.  What's Periactin?  I'll go Google it.

I guess in the back of my mind I was hoping the vets would examine him
and exclaim, "Hey!  This cat doesn't have cancer!  Oh, we were so
wrong!  Here, give him this 2x daily and he'll be all better in no
time."

I know that the dex can increase appetite, but I also read that it can
cause stomach upset.  And I remember those awful stories from someone on

the list about their kitty's skin coming off in patches after prolonged
use.  That's why I started testing how he'd react to lowering the dose.

If we were wrong about him having lymphoma and the steroid has done it's

job with controlling whatever inflammation was present, then I'd like to

wean him off of it.  He used to have pain in his upper abdomen when I'd
pick him up, that seems to be gone now.  I just don't know Michelle.  I
know your first suspicions lean toward cancer, mine always veer away
from it.

I just went to check on him and his fur is starting to take on that
dying cat look.  You know, that oily, stiff sort of look.  Talk about
the roller coaster effect!  I'm going to go out of my mind if I don't
figure out what is going on with him and make a determination about what

to do about it.
Nina