oh guys, my heart is so heavy and I think that my stinging eyes might just make me too tired to actually sleep tonight.  I have read all of your posts and printed them to go over tonight and make sure that I follow all advice.  I'll put below what I sent to news stations and newspapers, please send revisions to make it better.  Do you think that I can resend it to them tomorrow?  I'll also call tomorrow those that I sent to today and send to more that I think of.  Of course as soon as it was sent I thought of ways to make it better, but I just wanted to get something off quickly.

I'm so exhausted, and I've had to deal with regular stuff too like a replacement driver's license (trust me, the DMV is NOT where you want to be in this deflated mood - you actually feel like you belong there) and phone and rental car and prescriptions.  Too bad they had to retake my photo at the DMV and now I'll have to remember this day.

If the cats weren't involved I'd just be angry.  As I walked out to catch him taking the car, as I touched the car, as I know that he heard my voice, that they heard my voice, my feelings of what if, what if, are so overwhelming.  But as he took it.  As he took them.  As he drove away with the beings that I swore to protect, that I promised them I would protect, as he took them farther, is still taking them farther as minutes go into minutes, my despair, my hyperventilation is just going and going.  I don't blame myself, it is so absurd.  How could I have known?  I couldn't have, so I don't blame myself.  But I don't know how I'll be able to sleep tonight knowing that they are out there.  That it is raining and I don't know where they are.

Oh, I keep forgetting to mention, I am in Portland, OR.  They were taken from Vancouver, WA, I live in Portland.

I don't want to take an Ambien tonight, because what if the police call, but I know that I won't sleep.  As I don't have a computer at home there is nothing that I can do, but wait to get back to work and do more.

I lay my head on all of your shoulders tonight and ask that you send your furbabies spirits to be with Satch and Beatrix.  And maybe one or two to sleep next to me tonight.

Hideyo, I hear you.  I will find them.  I will get them back.  And they will be okay.  I feel the thread.  I feel it going to them and protecting them.  I feel you all.

I don't know anyone could do this with a child in the car.  It would be even more unbearable.

Anyway, on to class, no more to do tonight.

Leslie

-----------------------

Hello,

My name is Leslie Nies and my car was stolen this morning at 6:30 am .  I was loading up my car getting ready to drive home from a weekend at my boyfriends (he lives in Vancouver, I live in Portland) - which included overnight bag, book bag, and my two pet cats, Satchmo and Beatrix.  I went inside to say goodbye and when I came back out, someone was backing my car out the driveway.  The doors were unlocked, but the keys were in my pocket, so they must have hotwired it.  I ran toward them yelling "hey" and "get out" and started banging on the windshield as they put it in drive.  But they kept accelerating.

My boyfriend was already on the phone with the police when I got back inside.  Yes, they stole my car, but they also stole my cats!  I can only believe that they didn't see them.  It's been suggested to me by a couple of people that you might be interested in doing a story on it, and as far as I'm concerned, anything that might help me get them back is worth it.  I've attached a picture of each of them, there are more on my phone, but that was in the car also.

They are just the best cats and I am going out of my mind worrying about finding them now.  They are both leukemia positive, which means that they have compromised immune systems (and why they are indoor only) and though they are currently healthy and rambunctious are on a preventive vitamin.   I don't care about the car or the stuff in it, I just want my cats back.  Both are microchipped, but neither have collars as they are indoor only cats.  Let me tell you a little about them.

Satchmo is a 6-yr old brown tabby cat.  I rescued him from the Cat Adoption Team in Sherwood two years ago.  I started out fostering him, but ended up adotping him.  When he came to me, he had a very severe kitty cold that he needed to be nursed through and immediately following that he developed corneal ulcers!   After lots of love and care, he really blossomed into his personality and has a beautiful shiny coat now.  Satch and I have been through a lot together and I can't stand not having been able to protect him from this.   He is the kind of cat that would go up and greet a pit bull.  He is 13 lbs of muscle and all heart.  He knows his name and he is a big talker!  And a big eater!

I just decided to adopt Satchmo a buddy not too long ago – he is so lively that I felt he would benefit from a friend.   Leukemia positive cats can be around other leukemia positive cats, so when I was at the Humane Society volunteering one Sunday and saw a leukemia positive kitten, I jumped at the chance.   I brought home a kitten that I named Azrael, but she was very sick and didn't make it.  She and Satch never got to meet.  Her sibling, however, also leukemia positive, was getting over a cold in foster care and when she became available for adoption, I decided to go for it, though I was very scared to repeat my experience with Azrael.   Beatrix was just adopted from the Humane Society on Columbia Blvd a month ago.  She is approximately four months old and six pounds.  She is a sweet medium-hair tortoiseshell.  She acts as though she owns everything and was taking on a great, outgoing playful personality.  I am so worried about what this experience might do to her.  She shows none of the frailty that Azrael did.   Satch was rescued from the streets, but I just hope that Bea can stick close to him.  Even though they were introduced a couple of weeks ago, they already have a strong bond.  Unlike many cat meetings, there were no hisses, no puffed tails, they basically ran at each other and started rolling around playing from the moment they set eyes on each other and it hasn't stopped.

They both love my boyfriend's old black lab, Stetson.

I don't know if the car thief would have kept them in the car, or thown them out, and as they haven't found the car, I have no idea what neighborhood they could be in.

Please let me know if you'd like more information or can help me in anyway.  I am 28, I work full time for Full Sail Brewing and am also going back to school as a post-bacc getting my science requirements for vet school.

Thank you,

Leslie Nies

360.713.2032