Thanks Nina, warm ears do mean fever, don't they? Kerry
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Nina
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:26 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: o/t familiar with these symptoms?

Hi Kerry,
I can understand your concern about Kitty.  Her symptoms are troubling
to me too.  How old is she again?  If this had just started, then I
might think it had to do with the stress of her new home and not so
friendly attitude between cats.  I would feel better if the vet this
woman was seeing seemed more competent.  Granted, everyone on this list
has "red flag" hair triggers, but...  It does sound like the new mom is
concerned and keeping an eye on the situation, although the question
about whether cats get fevers is an indicator about how little
experience she's had with sick kitties.  Would she be willing to take
Kitty to a vet that you trust?

I know first hand how difficult it is to let go of the responsibility we

feel toward foster fur kids.  There is only so much you can do at this
point though.  I'm glad that the new mom seems open to your
intervention.  Have you paid Kitty a visit in the past few days?
Perhaps she wouldn't mind if you went with her to your vet.  If it were
me, I'd go have a look at Kitty and see what my impressions are.
Remember Vladimir's story?

Prayers that Miss Kitty feels better soon,
Nina

MacKenzie, Kerry N. wrote:

> I'm concerned about my former foster cat Kitty--the new mom just
> emailed me the following.
> Could she be feverish? All info appreciated, and will forward it to
her.
> (The vet's attitude worries me. Kitty's been vomiting drool for over a

> month. Clearly something is wrong.)
> Thanks everyone, Kerry
>
> /This morning she had again vomited twice.  She doesn't seem to be
> ailing, although she is considerably more clingy than usual.  Also,
> something my mom noticed... her ears are really quite warm.  Could
> that be a sign of a fever or something?  Can cats get fevers??  She is

> still hydrated as well.  Definitely less aggressive towards Alex
> though- which in all of this worrying is actually nice.  Her stool is
> soft but not diarrhea like.  /
>
> /The vet said nothing to really worry about (unless vomiting increases

> or she quits eating) but I'm bringing her in on thurs AM as I had an
> appt then anyway for Alex's annual. /
>
> /I did give her a 1/4 tab of Pepcid though to soothe her tummy if it
> was just a little upset. /
> /Thats the story as of right now.  Thanks for all of your suggestions
> and concern.  She is proving to be a trooper definitely./

IRS CIRCULAR 230 NOTICE. Any advice expressed above as to tax matters was
neither written nor intended by the sender or Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP to
be used and cannot be used by any taxpayer for the purpose of avoiding tax
penalties that may be imposed under U.S. tax law. If any person uses or refers
to any such tax advice in promoting, marketing or recommending a partnership or
other entity, investment plan or arrangement to any taxpayer, then (i) the
advice was written to support the promotion or marketing (by a person other
than Mayer, Brown, Rowe & Maw LLP) of that transaction or matter, and (ii) such
taxpayers should seek advice based on the taxpayers particular circumstances
from an independent tax advisor.