Not that I think you would, but please don't bring her to a regular kill shelter. Our local shelter will hold a "lost" Pit Bull for a certain amount of time waiting for the owner to claim them, but they won't adopt them out, they are pts if the owner does not find them. Even in shelters that are willing to re-home them, they aren't usually equipped to do proper placements for them.

I just want to be clear here... I haven't met this girl. There are always exceptions to every rule and she may be one. Can you tell what she's mixed with? I wish I could come over there and evaluate her temperament. Maybe when you talk to the Pit rescues, you could ask if someone who knows Pits might come over and tell you what they think of her chances of fitting into your household. If you decide not to keep her, and are willing to foster her, she'll have a better chance of being accepted into their program.
Nina

wendy wrote:
Hey Nina,

Thanks so much for your input.  As always, I value it
greatly.  I am researching right now on the net, and
the more I read, I think it's inevitable that we get
her placed in a pit bull rescue asap.  Considering
that we have two other dogs, and that we are not
trained to take care of a pit bull (like you said, and
I have read, they require special interaction with
their owners).  Even the PBRC website says that these
dogs can be great dogs, but the owners must understand
their temperament and the fact that they were bred for
hundreds of years to fight, and it's not that they
hate other dogs, but have urges to fight.  I am not
sure we want to take this on so will be looking into
finding a shelter for her tomorrow.  I have no idea
what we're going to do with her tonight.  She already
got her head stuck in the space between the fence and
door in our dog run.

:)
Wendy