Well, um, it's very old school, but what about penicillin INJECTIONS? No GI upset at all... You can do it at home if your vet will show you how to do it. My dad gave our dogs penicillin shots for weeks when they had parvo and we couldn't afford treatment when I was a kid (they both lived too!) I know we try not to inject in cats due to sarcoma, BUT, as sick as Lucy is, and as bad as the oral stuff effects her IBD, I'd certainly consider it in her case!

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html
Find us on PETFINDER! http://petfinder.com/shelters/VT44.html