i don't know whom you're speaking of, but i bet i could guess--and if it's NOT her, well, then, there's just more than one quack out there.....

same thing goes with critters as with people--we get so desperate to find answers--ANY answers--and we leave ourselves wide open to the sort of individuals who claimed to have lost relatives in the WTC, or to have lost things in the hurricanes, and who have been appointed by some cosmic muffin as THE only-one-who-knows. i think a lot of folks fall into their traps because it would never occur to us to try to take advantage of tragedy, so we just don't believe anyone else would, too.

there are folks far more knowledgable than me re: good homeopaths/holistic/alternative practitioners--how to find them, as well as how to check out/spot the fakes.