At 03:53 PM 11/10/2006, you wrote:

Tried it. Elavil...low dose...I am bad at not using it daily, It did make me tired though.
Thanks

Kelly, I suffered for years with migraines. And like you I was on Imitrex. I went in for CAT scans, MRI's etc, they never found a cause. I was about fed up with not being able to function. I went to an OLD doctor, the oldest one at the clinic I usually go to (I'd always seen a young and handsome DR before, and I got this guy because he was the only one with openings). Anyways, he took my history, asked me for everything I'd tried, then he asked "Ever tried Amitriptylin?" I was like "What's that?", and he told me it's an old style tricyclic antidepressant, when use in high dosages (300MG and up), but it's been shown to END chronic pain and migraines, though no testing has ever been done to study the "hows" of it. Anyways, the dosage is 25MG once a day at bedtime. I kid you not, I went from 2 migraines a week, to NONE in a month, and have not had but ONE since (about 6 months ago). SO... I advise you ask your doctor about
low dose Amitriptylin.

Phaewryn

Please adopt a cat from Little Cheetah Cat Rescue!!! http://ucat.us/adopt.html
Low cost Spay&Neuter services in VT, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat
owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html
The Sofa Poem: http://ucat.us/sofapoem.html