Welcome to the list! Mr. Kitten sounds like he has a good mom. I think many
vets just refuse to learn new things. Just out of curiosity, has the vet
that told you to euthanise Mr. Kitten ever given him any vaccines? If so,
can you tell me where he gave them (neck, scruff, side, leg)? I ask because
if he's still giving vaccines in the scruff of the neck, he's obviously just
someone who refuses to embrace new technology and studies and is just a bad
vet for not continuing to work on his education. The most important thing is
to feed the very best quality food you can afford, like Wellness, Innova,
Chicken Soup, or other super-premium brands. Cat food should never contain
corn or corn ingredients. After that, then you start adding general immune
boosting supplements (same as you would  take to boost YOUR immune system)
like Vitamin C, Lysine, B Complex Vitamins, etc. Then you consider adding a
FELV specific treatment, like Interferon, Acemannan, or Immunoregulin. Lots
of it is just plain good nutrition, and I don't think any vet could argue
with adding extra immune boosting vitamins and minerals to an animal's diet!

Phaewryn

Please save Whitey! http://ucat.us/Whitey.html
VT low cost Spay&Neuter, and Emergency Financial Assistance for cat owners:
http://ucat.us/VermontLowCost.html
Special Needs Cat Resources: http://ucat.us/domesticcatlinks.html