If you are able to touch her ears, I would ask the vet to prescribe  benadryl
to be compounded at a compounding pharmacy into transdermal cream to  rub
inside her ear.  My Patches has been on this for years for  anxiety.  She was
prescribed it because she was pulling her fur out of her  belly and back legs,
and the benadryl stopped that. But she also used to go  after the other cats,
and the benadryl pretty much stopped that too. If I forget  to give it to her,
it is noticeable because she goes after Lucy and sometimes  even me. With the
benadryl she is pretty much fine. It does not seem to make her  groggy at all--
she is quite perky and energetic-- but just takes the edge off I  guess.
Michelle