most sanctuaries still have websites--they just don't have STREET
addresses on them! our po box was three towns over from where the
sanctuary actually was located, and people STILL managed to find us in
the middle of the night to dump cats... it's really hard to make any
decisions without any photos of the critters there, the facilities,
etc--and that applies to the third place, too, which only shows photos
of healthy kitties.

not that having a website guarantees anything, of course--many of us
are too aware of angel wings, who at one time WAS a legitimate
sanctuary, but whose website certainly did not reflect the
deterioration in conditions of either the physical environment nor
that of the animals there.