It's called peritoneal effusion, and here are some links to places that
mention it:

_http://www.antechdiagnostics.com/clients/antechNews/2000/apr00_02.htm_
(http://www.antechdiagnostics.com/clients/antechNews/2000/apr00_02.htm)

_http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2004&PID=8683&Categor
y=1262&O=Generic_
(http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2004&PID=8683&Category=1262&O=Generic)

There are more, but both of those do.

Another symptom of toxo, besides fever and effusion, can be anemia:

_http://www.antechdiagnostics.com/clients/antechNews/2000/4-00.htm_
(http://www.antechdiagnostics.com/clients/antechNews/2000/4-00.htm)

I saw it in many more, but did not save the links.

I also found a case study (unfortunately diagnosed via necropsy) where the
ultrasonic and aspirate results were the same as Lucy's-- enlarged mesenteric
lymph node with granulatamous inflammation and thickened intestinal loops.
That  cat was also anemic, though much less so than Lucy (pcv 27, I think).

Seems worth treating for. I started her tonight on clindamycin, which is a
treatment for toxo. I am taking her to the vet tomorrow and want the test done
too, i think.

Michelle

In a message dated 1/21/2007 7:36:57 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,