At 10:37 AM 1/24/2007, you wrote:
Did they do an ultrasound,,,,Is there an obstruction,,Vomiting???A bloated tummy is not a sure diagnosis,,,Need more diagnostic work,
Kelly

Just came home from the vet. Yesterday morning, I noticed that Jilly, my 6 month old foster's stomach had bloated out. Looeds like she had swallowed a water balloon. They said it was all fluid, but couldn't get a sample. They tried and tried. Took x-ray, used a sonogram probe. All fluid. She is acting fine. But they said she might have only a very short time--maybe days. They seem sure it's FIP. They gave me Baytril and said if by some miracle, she's alive in 7 days, come back and get more.

Anyone have experience with sudden distension of the stomach?