It's hard to answer that, because she has been on some amount of pred for
almost a year.  She was down to 1.25 mg every other day in late December,  and
her appetite declined. I upped her to 2.5 mg/day and her appetite went back  to
normal. When she got sick with fevers on January 16, she was eating but not a
 lot. When I upped her to 10 mg/day based on recommendation from internist
per  FIP presumption (because it helps with fip symptoms, which mostly come
from
 inflammation which pred takes down), her appetite increased to what it has
been.  Then it increased more yesterday when I increased pred to 12.5 mg/day.
I  do think that if I took her off pred altogether she would probably stop
eating.  Even though she is eating a lot right now, it is almost exclusively
baby
food.  .She won't eat her normal diet, or even any cat food other than
occasionally a  few pieces of dry EVO.  So I think it is probably largely the
pred
giving  her her appetite. When I talk about wanting to increase the pred, it is
to make  her more comfortable-- more energy, less symptoms from inflammation.
 Dr.  Ishida uses a one time shot of dexamethasone, which is much stronger
than pred,  so I am thinking to try that too.

Michelle

In a message dated 1/29/2007 3:13:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,