Hi all.  Thank you so much for all the GLOW and well wishes.  Slinky and I just
got back from the vet (and a spin through the park).  I am sad to report that
his HCT has dropped to just over 5!  It was a little above 7 on Friday.  The
vet didn't even want to give him the IR shot today because she said his
platlettes (sp?) are so low that when they stick him in the vein he just
bleeds.  She thought an IV injection would do more harm than good.

  She agrees with me that it's best to let him go.  She said she's never seen a
cat with HCT that low who was still awake and breathing ok (which, amazingly,
he is).  But she also indicated that as the RBC's drop, his organs will shut
down and things will just get worse.

  Unfortunately, I'm not sure when this will happen.  I needed to bring him
home right now so I'd have some time to say goodbye and do some of his favorite
things.  But I have a HUUUUGE day at work tomorrow and am not sure I'll get
through it if I put him down tonight.  Tomorrow night I have an evening meeting
for work that I can't get out of!  So it might have to be Wednesday.  I don't
know...I'd just die if he gets worse before then, but some things can't be
rescheduled (I've already missed several days of work to take care of him and
be with him).

  He's pretty much the same...still breathing fine, eating, drinking, and using
his box.  So I guess for now I'll just see how it goes.  They said they'd fit
me in any time.

  Thanks again for all your support!  I will be getting another kitty
eventually (he is my only and my first as an adult!!)...but I don't think I'm
up for another FeLV pos.  I'm thinking maybe one who's missing an eye or has a
bad leg or is deaf or something.  Something that makes them difficult to adopt
but isn't life threatening...I just don't think I can go through this again
right now.

  I hope all your furkids are well.  I'll let you know when I need to add
Slinky to the CLS.

  Thanks!

  MJ and Slinky

8:00? 8:25? 8:40?  Find a flick in no time