I have a cat who is epileptic though not FeLV+  She is controlled with
phenobarbitol.  I'm leaving my office right now but if you want to talk feel
free to email me off list.  I know how scary it is to see a grand mal seizure
but it is still something you and the cat can cope with.

elizabeth trent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:    I am so worried.

  When I got home this afternoon, I noticed that Mama Kitty didn't have a lot
of spunk.  She ate well this morning but this afternoon, she didn't get up and
go to the front door to go outside.  I picked her up and took her -- she sat on
the porch a bit and seemed interested in some cat food.  She really sat in one
spot for a while though so I picked her up to hold her at pet her.  She wanted
to get down so I let her.  She went to a place where she usually suns and all
of the sudden started breathing very rapidly.  Her eyes looked very strange and
she started to let out this low yell/growl.  That's when she turned over on her
side -- legs straight out and head lolled to the side..tongue sticking out.  It
was a seizure.  There is no mistaking it.

  I thought she was going to die.

  She did this once last summer when I was giving her Pet Tinic.

  When it was over, I took her inside to her royal chair and just kept everyone
very calm and still.  In a few minutes, she was purring again.  I got her to
eat some fancy feast too and she ate fairly well.

  She seems tired - but ok.

  I started to take her to the ER (45 min drive away) -- but my heart told me
not to.  I've been sitting beside her, keeping her calm and I put one of her
favorite CDs on to soothe her.  Going to simmer some lavender oil.  I was
supposed to go out tonight but nixed those plans right away.

  The only thing I can figure is that she was afraid I was picking her up to
give her medicine or go to the vet's and she didn't have the energy to run so
just just frieked out and had a seizure.  My vet told me that cat's can do this
- idiopathic seizures with no underlying pathology.  I'm worring myself sick
but I am afraid a 45 minute trip to the vet would just friek her out more and
the last thing she needs right now is stress.  The fact that she ate convinced
me more to just chill out and stay with her.

  She has an appointment for more Acemannan tomorrow.  When I get her to go to
the vet - it's fast and painless.  She's in that pet taxi before she knows what
happened.  She's really in a delicate state right now though.   My vet is less
than 2 miles away so hopefully we can get there without a big ordeal.

  elizabeth