Elizabeth,

It sounds like you have wonderful neighbors!  Mine all
think I'm crazy and call us the 'cat people'...lol.
When I first meet a new neighbor, they always say,
"Oh, you live where all the cats are."  I guess I
should introduce myself sooner.  Your parents sound
wonderful too, crying with you like that.  Even having
lost Mama Kitty, you are so very blessed.  And of
course, we are blessed to have you here with us.

:)
Wendy

--- elizabeth trent <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you.
>
> I am such an independent cuss -- never thought I
> would need support from
> anyone but you all have done so much to help me
> through Mama Kitty's illness
> and her death.  This group has been a valuable
> source of information and
> comfort.  I've come to think of you as family and I
> just can't see
> unsubscribing at this point.  I hope it is ok to
> stay.
>
> I do have one FeVL+ interest.  One of my ferals that
> I've been feeding for a
> couple of years -- I named him Zulu -- was captured
> and neutered by my
> neighbor (who is involved with cat rescue) last
> year.  He tested positive
> for FeVL and they would not allow him to be PTS (I
> am grateful to them for
> that).  He is so very feral that there was no hope
> of ever being able to
> adopt him.  We all wrestled with the decision but we
> decided to return him
> to the wild.  We are well outside of the city limits
> and reasoned that since
> he is neutered he would be far less likely to bite
> anyone.  They clipped his
> ear to indicate that he was neutered and vaccinated.
>  The decision to set
> him free was a controversial one -- but I've seen
> too many cats here have to
> live their lives in cages and I pleaded with the cat
> rescue to set him free
> and they agreed.  We have one neighbor here who has
> outside kitties - and we
> contacted him first and sent him a lot of
> information on FeVL+ (although he
> was already very well educated) and he agreed that
> for our Zulu in this
> situation - this was by far the best decision.
>
> Since they released Zulu, I've constantly kept good
> food in the bistro here
> at Liz's Kitty Boutique and Day Spa (and sometimes
> infirmary).  He has a
> healthy appetite and eats very well.  Zulu will now
> let me stand within one
> foot of the door (inside) while he eats
> (outside)..but he is constantly on
> guard to see if he needs to flee for his life.  I
> give him as much peace as
> possible since meals should be eaten in peace.  If
> we were ever to test him
> again, we would have to trap him - and he is now
> very wise to that.  I
> figure the best I can do is keep giving him quality
> food and clean water and
> sneak in supplements when I can.
>
> As I grieve it is good to know that there are so
> many of you who do
> understand.  There is nothing more heart wrenching
> than literally burying
> someone you love.  I can't remember if I told you
> but one neighbor gave me a
> beautiful granite stone that he found in Colorado
> the week before - it is
> about a foot wide and made of granite.  This stone
> marks Mama's
> [...]

world: Indeed it is the only thing that ever has!"

      ~~~ Margaret Meade ~~~

Don't pick lemons.
See all the new 2007 cars at Yahoo! Autos.
http://autos.yahoo.com/new_cars.html